Choosing the right shower head for your bathroom is an important decision – not only from an aesthetic standpoint but also from a functionality standpoint. The following section examines five popular types of showerheads and their benefits, giving you the information that you need to decide which type of showerhead is right for you.
1. Traditional single-spray showerheads. These are by far the most common showerhead style. You can find them in most showers, including showers at hotels, gyms, swimming pools, truck stops, and other public places. They typically consist of a shower arm that protrudes several inches out from the wall. Attached to the arm is a nozzle that can be adjusted to provide a variety of different spray patterns.
The primary benefit of these showerheads is their low cost, making them an affordable option for homeowners and businesses alike.
2. Low-flow showerheads. From a design standpoint, these showerheads are similar to traditional single spray showerheads. The primary difference is that they use a lot less water. Most modern low-flow showerheads provide excellent water pressure thanks to the innovative design of their nozzles. Typically, the water coming out of the nozzle is combined with air to create more pressure while using less water.
The main benefit of going with one of these showerheads is that it can significantly reduce your water usage, saving you money and reducing your home’s environmental impact.
3. Rainfall showerheads. These showerheads are incredibly popular with today’s homeowners. They usually feature a wide nozzle that is mounted directly overhead. As you might guess, the water falls straight out of the showerhead, creating an experience that is similar to standing outside in the rain. Many people find the experience of standing underneath one of these showerheads with the water gently pouring over them to be incredibly relaxing. Because they come in a range of different designs, they can also add a stylish touch to your bathroom.
4. Handheld showerheads. These showerheads are attached to a flexible hose and can be removed from the wall and held in your hand. Many people find these showerheads beneficial for rinsing off soap in areas that are hard to reach with other types of showerheads. They are also a great choice for anyone who may have limited mobility since they offer a lot more flexibility in terms of how they can be used.
5. Multiple showerhead systems. Many homeowners are opting for showerhead systems that incorporate multiple nozzles mounted in different positions throughout a large shower stall. These shower systems provide a relaxing experience since you are surrounded on all sides by gently spraying water. Keep in mind, however, that you may need to make changes to your home’s plumbing system to provide enough heat and water pressure to power one of these systems.
These are five of the most popular types of showerheads currently on the market. Now that you have a better understanding of their benefits, you should have an easier time making the right choice for your home.